With spring comes the best palettes- including nail polishes! Due to the change of season and newness of everything in the air, it’s a perfect time to rock a fresh mani. Every year I like to see what the ‘on trend’ colors are going to be for the year, but I also have go-to favorites I find myself coming back to year after year. For our next Beauty Closet post, I’m sharing some of my favorite spring nail polish colors that are sure to put a smile on your face. Click through for more…
01. ballet pink // I’ve been a fan of soft pinks for quite some time now! Pink is always a very feminine color, but I also love blush tones and they’ve become more of a neutral to me lately. I promise you will be seeing a lot of this color during the spring and summer months. A few of my go-tos are Essie’s back in the limo, topless and barefoot and Deborah Lipmann in Cake By The Ocean (not pictured).
02. ladylike neutrals // Like soft pinks, other neutrals with barely there undertones have been catching my eye lately. Essie’s ladylike is more of a muted pink with a hint of tan and it couldn’t be better! If you’re not one for soft pinks, this is the shade to try.
03. mod white // A few years ago the milky white was way popular and I’ll be honest – it’s still one of my favorite shades to wear in the summer! However, I’m also digging the new mod white for a stark, minimal look. I wear this shade on my fingers and toes and it even plays the trick of making your skin look a few shades darker (especially good for us fair skinned ladies). Try Essie’s blanc or OPI in Alpine Snow.
04. silky gray // Gray has been overused within the past few years, but it will always be one of my favorite neutrals. I have used Essie’s chinchilly for awhile, but I am loving the silkier, pastel gray we’ve been noticing in fashion recently. I even love shades with a hint of lavender! For a cool alternative, try Tenoverten nail polish in Essex.
05. shimmering tan // Metallics were all over the runway at fashion week this year. To incorporate those moody colors into your spring wardrobe, opt for a shimmering tan. Essie’s mochacino is a greige color with a hint of shimmer to it and I love it! I can’t wait to use it on my toes in the coming months.
06. moody black // Another big trend this year is nails with black accents. I know a complete black nail in spring and summer might be a bit heavy, but I love the idea of doing a black french tip or funky design with black for high contrast. I also think black toes can be fun with cute sandals in summer months. Essie’s licorice is a good one to try if you haven’t already!
07. buttery yellow // This one is a total wildcard and one I have yet to try (but may have to this summer). I recently found Smith & Cult’s The Bee Side and I immediately loved it! It may be my next nail polish purchase (also not pictured).
This post is definitely not sponsored by Essie, it’s just one of my favorite brands and the one I use the most often. It’s easy because it’s super accessible and you can find it at Target or any pharmacy. I have recently started adding other brands to my collection and would love to know some of your favorite brands/colors as well. Sarah swears by Butter London and Smith and Cult. Share in the comments below! Plus I’d love to know…what’s your go-to shade for spring?
ReganApril 27, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Hi Jacqueline – what is your favorite “milky white” polish?
JacquelineApril 30, 2017 at 6:20 pm
Hi Regan! I usually get gel on my nails from my salon so I am not sure what exact color is used, but for an at home job I love Essie’s Fiji, Ballet Slippers, Sand Tropez and Topless and Barefoot to name a few. :-) I usually have to do 3 coats so it looks more opaque. Hope this helps!
PolishperfectMay 15, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Topless and Barefoot :) Not just because I like the color but because of silly name.