Hello, and happy Friday! It has been a whirlwind of a week over here, but today we’re off to our dive trip. I did want to squeeze in a quick Noteworthy post before leaving! I’ve got a simplified version of monthly updates, links, inspiration, and random musings for you. Click through for the good stuff and have a great weekend ahead, friends…
These past couple of weeks I’ve spent the majority of my work hours at the Tuesday Made shop unboxing so many gorgeous things for fall, winter, and the holiday season ahead. From vintage goods to decor and textiles, I can’t wait to share it all with you once I’m back. I’ll work on a proper blog post! In the meantime, it’s all live- if you want to take a peek at our new arrivals beforehand. I’m honestly shocked how many holiday items I packed up and mailed out this week, but good for those of your who are on top of it and are snagging things early this year (even if you don’t plan to decorate for awhile). Last year we couldn’t believe how quickly things sold out… and we learned it’s basically impossible to restock because of lead-times. Crazy to think, I picked out our holiday goods for the shop 10-11 months ago!
Anyway, here are my top 5 favorite new arrivals from Tuesday Made:
- Handmade Oil Bottles (a beautiful new shape in a couple different glaze colors)
- Camel Houndstooth Throw (I just added one of these to my home office)
- Fluted Taper Pillar Candles (these have an amazing scale and are fun to style)
- Vintage Rugs & Vintage Stockings (I just added 10-12 new ones to the shop this week)
- Small Cedar Wreaths (I’ve been using these for 4-5 years now in our holiday decor… remember them hanging from my living room built-ins?)
I loved seeing my alma mater make Architectural Digest’s 53 Prettiest College Campuses in America. Are there any other Hoosiers reading who attended IU? It really is the most lovely campus- especially this time of year. I lived for fall in Bloomington!
A little life update. Aside from work, I got some interesting health news yesterday (which is why this blog post went live a bit late). On top of some ongoing health things I’ve been struggling with this year, I found out yesterday I have Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (a tick borne illness). After some doctor appointments yesterday, it appears I’ll be toting lots of meds with me to Indonesia, but I’m thankful my doctors caught it, it’s not contagious, and I’m still cleared to dive & travel. I haven’t really opened up about my health here because I like to keep things positive & upbeat (plus, many of my issues feel private), but it has been a year. Whew! I just wanted to say thank you for being patient with me this year when things haven’t gone quite exactly as planned. We all have those years and seasons! I also really appreciate everyone who has checked in periodically. Projects have been slower than normal, but I’m finally getting some answers. I’m hopeful I’ll be feeling good again someday, so I can dive back into the passions & projects I enjoy tackling. Speaking of…
What I’ve been into lately…
Watching… Bad Sisters (on Apple TV)
Listening to… Josh Young’s Autumn Playlist on Spotify (perfect while I’m working and packing orders at the shop)
Eating… Spicy Buffalo White Chicken Chili (this was SO good- we’ve already made it twice)
I loved this article written by my friend Sarah Lyon, Experts Share the Right Way to Set a Dinner Table (from basic to causal to formal). Perfect timing as we’re beginning to think about Thanksgiving next month… and happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends this weekend (I’m looking at you Colleen!).
This consumer report on interior & decor spending compiled by Chairish was fascinating to me! Speaking of purchases…
My recent purchases? Here are five of my recent buys…
- Zella Sneakers // I got these for our trip and they are the MOST comfortable slip on sneakers. I’ve been wearing them everywhere, they’re on sale right now, and the green color is much deeper and more beautiful in person.
- Le Pliage Expandable Travel Tote // Another travel purchase… this is my new go-to bag for flying. I like that it zips, is nylon & highly cleanable, and can expand or pack super small (if needed).
- Deep Sleep Pillow Spray // This year I’ve had the worst time sleeping- insomnia to the max. I don’t know how it works (and maybe it’s a placebo effect), but I’m not going to question it. A spritz of this pillow spray before bed is somehow working for me! It has almost 19k five star reviews.
- Dolcetto Cubetti // These have become my guilty pleasure dessert or treat. I’ve been sneaking one or two with my morning coffee / espresso. They’re SO good.
- My New Favorite Sweater // I’ve been living in this affordable sweater these past couple weeks!
Interested in more of my best finds & purchases of the month? Check out my October picks here!
Apparently, I’m also going to be on the hunt for new bedding and sheets once we get back home. Why? Despite using high quality sheet sets from my favorite places (Annie Selke, Boll & Branch, Serena & Lily, Parachute, etc)… Emmett keeps managing to destroy them in his sleep. I have no idea how this keeps happening, but he has ripped our last 4 sheet sets- and get this… with his ELBOWS. I told him he must have the world’s pointiest elbows because this is still a mystery in my mind. He said he turns over, his elbow gets stuck, and it “slices” the sheet. I’m thinking, our elbows are most certainly not knives. I’m perplexed about this comical situation, but now I have to spend more money on bedding. Can someone explain this to me? Haha!
The ultimate fall home & cleaning checklist. I definitely have plenty more still to tackle! Have you started or crossed any of these seasonal chores off your list?
How is October treating you so far? We’re excited to find adventure in Indonesia, and once we return, we’re eager to host our annual Halloween party. The next couple blog weeks may look a bit different. Depending on how much I can accomplish, I’ll be sharing quick roundup style posts… I thought that may be helpful for those of you who don’t follow along on LTK, and want to see what I’ve been sharing, saving, liking, and recommending recently. Regular blog posts will resume on October 26th (I’ll also get back to your comments that week). Keep checking bag for lots of good sources, though. I hope you’re having a wonderful fall season!