It’s been awhile since I’ve shared some of my favorite beauty products with you guys. This summer I’ve been hoarding a few basic things that make an ordinary day feel a little less ordinary. I’m all about keeping things simple, soaking in fresh scents, and hydrating my skin this season! Take a peek at my must-have products for summer skin…
01. Esperance Soap Bar // This silky soap blends eucalyptus with chamomile and herbs for a light smell that also feels super smooth. Plus, the packaging is seriously on point! Sometimes I leave this out in my bathroom for guests.
02. Capri Blue Jean Soap // I know people are nuts over the volcano products by Capri Blue, but it’s honestly not my favorite scent. In my opinion, their best is Blue Jean- and it smells just like summertime! It’s clean, crisp, and a soap that I had to buy 3 more bars of because I never ever want to run out. Since the scent is less popular (for some unknown reason!!), it’s sort of difficult to get your hands on. I found it cheapest on Amazon.
03. Tatine Grapefruit Rosewood Soap // At this point in the list, you probably think I have an obsession with soap bars. That’s semi-accurate but I love trading things out and shaking up my routine (I’m the same way with shampoos). Plus, these are the perfect tiny gifts. This soap is on super sale right now and it’s one of my all-time favorites, any time of the year. It’s really hydrating and has a light floral, romantic scent. It’s packed with hydrating butters, plant-based oils, and natural extracts. Remember the Tatine hand soap and lotion in my bathroom?
04. Laura Mercier Bubble Bath // This is my guilty pleasure. If I really want to treat myself or fall into deep relaxation, I start a bubble bath with a healthy portion of this magic product! It gets super foamy, smells like a French patisserie, and leaves my skin silky smooth. If you follow along on snapchat (sar.gibs) you’ve probably see me reading this book, using this exact bubble bath. It’s definitely a splurge-worthy item. I will say it lasts a long time and comes with a cool little honey dipper (pictured above).
05. Clarisonic Mia // I cannot live without a Clarisonic. No, I’m not being dramatic! I’ve tried and my skin took a turn for the worse. I actually have two: the full size and the Mia. It turns out I love the Mia much better because it can do everything, all while fitting in my bathroom niche or travel bag. As I post this, I’m actually sitting at the airport, with my Mia carefully stowed in my carry on (we’re house hunting…more on that later)! I splurged on the luxe brush head set because this one little tool has transitioned from only face skincare to exfoliation for my entire body.
06. Bath Sponge // I’m not a loofah type of gal, plus I think they’re ugly in the shower. It makes no difference to me whether it’s a real sea sponge or a faux sponge… I think I’m more attracted to the look, than the actual feel. I will say, neither version is as scratchy as a loofah!!
I think you deserve a little R&R at the end of a long summer day! Pour a glass of wine, grab a good book and treat yourself to a little in-home spa action. What products do you use during the summer months?
DebbieJuly 21, 2016 at 3:18 am
Love the Somme Institute Double Defense sunscreen and can’t live without Biologique Recherche P50.
SarahJuly 21, 2016 at 5:23 am
Yes!! That stuff is amazing. I’m actually have another post drafted just for facial skincare and you better believe P50 and other biologique made the roundup :) xo