I’ve been meaning to publish these results for awhile now, but the graphic designer in me wanted to whip up some easy-on-the-eyes graphs and charts (nobody hates data more than me). Check out the popular votes and see how your answers compare. I’m also responding to reader questions and sharing details of what’s to come this year! Exciting stuff, folks… click through for the deets & data!
Alright, let’s dive right into the nitty gritty! Here’s what the reader survey said…
I think the most helpful thing from the entire survey was deciphering which types of posts you guys actually want to read. Loud and clear… more interiors / less cocktails! You got it guys. We can totally do that. I also loved reading YOUR post topic ideas. I don’t won’t to bore you, so I’ll only share a handful, but I’m planning to tackle a lot of requested topics throughout the year:
- Straightforward posts about my personal experience renovating (the positive, the negative, the regrets, the victories, the resources, and everything in between).
- More posts about living with pets (tips, DIY for hiding their ugly accessories, etc).
- “Shopping” your home… using what you already have to refresh, style, and update a space.
- A few more personal posts- like how to we’re trying to meet and make friends after moving.
I have to say, I’m not super surprised with your favorite ongoing series posts. The ones I’m most passionate about and love drafting scored the highest. I think that’s pretty cool! I adore creating monthly moodboards, finding the best Etsy has to offer, and noteworthy posts are pretty therapeutic for me. I’m also planning to add a few new topics to the ongoing series, which I think you guys are going to love (based on the survey feedback)!
- “How We Choose” – this series is going to tackle how to choose those big purchases (kitchen tile, a sofa, a bathroom vanity, drapery, etc). We’ll give you the questions you should be asking yourself prior to committing, as well as sharing advice on what’s in, what’s timeless, and what’s not.
- “Room 101” – this series was 100% inspired by you guys. I had multiple people ask this question… what’s the “recipe” for a room and where do you start? You’ll be able to read about helpful tips for designing certain spaces throughout your home, that might not be common knowledge… because not everyone knows that a breakfast nook banquette should allow at least 21″ for each person seated, and that painting should be the very LAST step in the process. That type of stuff! The plan is to break it down room by room (laundry, kitchen, hallway, stair landing, living room, etc.)
- “This is Real Life” – I think this series is going to be hilarious. I’ve already started drafting my first post and it had me cracking up. I’ll share real life experiences (mostly about home stuff or the renovation, or maybe other funny stories too), that actually happened. You can expect true home and decor problems, renovating mistakes, and what we learned along the way. Life isn’t perfect, so we might as well laugh together, right?
One other thing I’m looking forward to this year… implementing VIDEO!! I’m wayyyy late to the game, but my very first video launches tomorrow. Please come back and check it out!
Suggestions from readers:
- The general consensus is more about interiors, renovating, real life, and behind the scenes.
- Some people asked for more schnauzer. Ha! Finn will gladly oblige.
- More regular posting. I promise you, I’m trying my very hardest to post as frequently as possible. I’m not gonna lie- it’s been tough trying to juggle our reno and real work… BUT, I’m going to try even harder to make it happen. My motto has always been quality over quantity. I’ve also been adjusting the timing and scheduling. It’s been a big transition moving from Eastern to Mountain time. I know a lot of you were used to checking the blog, knowing it would updated around 8 or 9am EST and now that’s not the case. A better routine is coming SOON.
- We’re also going to tone it down a bit on the recipes and cocktails as well (just less frequent)… a lot of you mentioned your favorite blogs devoted specifically to food and I know many of you have special dietary regulations (all while I’m over here eating cake). Tis life… no hard feelings here!
I also wanted to share a list of the other favorite blogs YOU visit on the regular. Thanks for introducing me to a couple new ones and supporting my friends that I know and love!! Here’s what (or who) y’all are into:
Chris Loves Julia (I’m doing a collab with her soon- stay tuned!!) | Yellow Brick Home (also doing a collab!!) | Manhattan Nest | Emily Henderson | SF Girl by Bay | Skinny Taste | Sarah Samuel | Wit and Whistle | Elements of Style | House*Tweaking | A Beautiful Mess | Jones Design Company | Food 52 | Cup of Jo | Studio McGee | The Merry Thought | Gal Meets Glam | My Domaine
ArdithFebruary 27, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Love the set of graphics, Sarah, and something to add to your growing, beautiful portfolio. Thank you for reaching out to us with the fun survey. Looking forward to whatever you wish to share…always done with style and grace. Cheers, Ardith
SarahFebruary 28, 2017 at 2:43 pm
Thank you so much, Ardith! Your comments mean the world to me. You’re the nicest! xo
HollyMarch 2, 2017 at 9:30 pm
You rock girl!!
SarahMarch 2, 2017 at 9:52 pm
You rock!! I just told one of my friends how inspiring you were the other day. I’m not joking! xo